Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Growing Old In Ireland

I went back to yoga this morning after a few weeks absence due to illness, fatigue and family matters.

It was fantastic to get back to it, to feel so alive again.  I had made half hearted attempts to practice daily but could manage no more than a few minutes a day.  I had some kind of virus which knocked my energy out of me, resulting in a throat infection, a cough, a sinus infection and culminating with a sty in my eye! Nice!

I certainly needed to get to class this morning to reconnect with myself and to restore my inner calm.  My elderly mother had been upset because she found out that her home carer is being taken away from her. This revelation has such a domino effect and upsets a lot of people.  My mother needs this help as you will know if you read my blog post over at my main blog.  It upsets my mother, her immediate family, her friends in similar situations and the carers themselves.

After the class, the meditation and the relaxation, I decided that rather than just be upset about it, I would take action.  It's a small action that may also have a domino effect if I pursue it.  I decided to write about it on my blog, post it to various radio and tv programmes and send personal emails to various government ministers.

A fitting quote to end on  'Say what you want to say when you have the feeling and the chance. My greatest regrets are the things I did not do, the opportunities missed and the things unsaid'. (J Keller)

No comments:

Post a Comment